The importance of the timely delivery of goods and merchandise to the correct destinations in an appropriate, accurate, and undamaged manner, has led to the role of Distribution Center – Forklift Operator becoming invaluable. This job profile requires a worker to have strength and stamina to cope with the physical requirements of the job. The role of a Distribution Center – Forklift Operator is crucial for the shipment, unloading, and appropriate handling of goods and material.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading of goods and supplies, while ensuring employee and product safety.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and proper stocking of inventory in the appropriate designated area(s).
- Maintaining quality in the warehouse and keeping track of all damaged inventory and reporting the same to the supervising authorities.
- Report, and rectify where applicable, any unsafe conditions associated with fallen and/or falling product throughout the warehouse.
- Proper packing, labeling and tagging of the inventory in the warehouse.
- Report any issues/safety concerns associated with the equipment to your immediate supervisor.
- Efficiently carrying out all orders of the supervisor(s).
- Working in accord with all safety regulations of the warehouse.
- Arrive at work on time, always. Contact immediate supervisor if an issue arises where you will be absent or late for any reason.
- Coordinating work with fellow workers and other team members.
- Report any/all activity that may be detrimental to the company; i.e. theft, damage, maladaptive behavior, etc.
- Accurately pick, stage, wrap, and store sales orders in accordance to company policy and procedures of such.
- Always Interact with both internal and external customers in both a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain assigned/designated areas, where/when applicable, in accordance with company policy and procedure(s) regarding cleanliness, order, stacking, and staging of product in said area.
All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Today