BASIC JOB PURPOSE
United Packaging is seeking to add experienced, consultative account managers to its growing sales team. Their assignment will be to:
- Grow assigned book of business through account penetration including the expansion of products, categories, departments, and contacts in the Southern New Jersey / Delaware territory.
- Close qualified new business through lead generation, referrals, prospecting, and cold-calling
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated success in analyzing customer needs and strategically selling and growing business and contacts within existing accounts
- At least 2 years experience in sales prospecting, generating leads, and cold-calling to gain new accounts
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using Salesforce CRM or equivalent CRM platform
- Completed process, consultative, and/or value-based sales training
- Demonstrated success in business-to-business sales, exceeding quotas, maintaining customer relationships, expanding contacts, and managing 50+ accounts
- General computer skills including practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adapt to sudden changes
- Demonstrated ability to develop, forecast, and manage ongoing pipeline of opportunities
- Travel to customers whether local or national (as needed)
- Use Salesforce CRM daily to manage all customer and sales-related activities
- Communicate effectively with internal and external business partners
- Meet with customers/prospects daily
- Cold-calling and prospecting
- Performing customer site-level audits
- Partnering with vendors
- Be both flexible inside and outside the office, and available for team meetings on a weekly basis
United Packaging is a family-owned, regional packaging supplies, equipment, and services company with a national footprint extending from coast to coast. Currently servicing both Fortune 500 and local businesses with customized offerings, United Packaging prides itself on its value-added, consultative go-to-market strategy, specializing in vendor managed inventory programs, customer specific product stocking, lean business solutions, and sustainable, efficient packaging.
After being founded in the CEO’s parents’ garage more than 25 years ago, United Packaging has grown its business by 20% every year and has become among the region’s most dominant packaging supplies, equipment, and services companies.
United Packaging can uniquely service its customers and grow its business by empowering its account managers with the flexibility to provide creative and custom solutions.
United Packaging’s growth trajectory exceeds $100M within the next 5 years as it continues to expand its footprint and invest in its people.United Packaging is looking to hire talent that reflects the company’s ambition and focus.
The account manager will report to the Sales Manager who is highly engaged in developing the Account Management Team.
An expert in value-based selling, the Sales Manager regards a deep understanding of the motivations and business needs of all influencers within the customer as the most integral piece of successful sales.
The Manager supports each team member with a sales management process that ensures initial and ongoing product, market,and sales training, which includes frequent coaching,hands-on experiences,and in-field support for closing and growing business.
The Manager is seeking to hire only competent, coachable, self-driven individuals.