Company Overview and Mission
United Packaging is a broad-line supplier of packaging and shipping, safety, and janitorial products and technology. Founded in 1992, the company began in owner Jeff Seidel’s parents’ garage, and today, services the continental U.S. through national partnerships, 3PL locations and a solid, loyal team of industry specialists at its core.
Our mission is to help our clients build their business and brand through packaging. This means something unique to every client. Whether the goal is to reduce packaging damage during shipping, find new solutions for inventory management, or to increase packaging efficiency within their facility, we partner with our clients to find the best way to make it happen.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) represents the voice of the customer through the entire order fulfillment process. The CSR role at United Packaging is multi-dimensional and interdepartmental. The CSR is the main liaison between the customer, vendors and all internal departments to ensure good customer satisfaction. The CSR partners with Sales Account Managers, and they work together as a team daily. Collaboration between this role and the Sales Team is paramount to the success of United Packaging.
A successful CSR can communicate clear and accurate details both in oral and written language. They are hard-working, fun-loving, have the ethic to work under fast-paced and stressful situations, and the ability to juggle multiple tasks quickly and accurately. Their thorough experience with ERP and CRM systems will make them a successful candidate for this role.
In addition to an experienced CSR with the above attributes, we’re seeking someone who fits into our company culture. We consider our company one cohesive team where everyone shares the same goals and successes. We work in a collaborative environment that encourages open conversations with other departments towards a common goal. The CSR will be someone who enjoys working with others, has a positive attitude, and is willing to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Field sales orders via email, phone, and CRM system
- Manage order fulfillment processes
- Create and maintain all quotes through the ERP system, which includes working with vendors and 3rd parties on pricing, deviated costs, and pricing contracts
- Act as point contact for customer communication
- Track shipments and convey updates to customers
- Document all client and vendor communications inside Salesforce CRM
- Manage and resolve customer complaints
- Process returns
- Liaise with Operations, Vendors, and entire United Packaging team
- Operate daily in an ERP/CRM software environment
- Fulfill customer sample requests