In this entry-level role, the Packaging Consultant Trainee will engage in an extensive training program for the first couple months of employment. The Trainee will be required to pass both written and hands on assessments, validating their understanding of each subject matter area being focused on. As part of the program, the Trainee will learn how to perform various tests and analyses associated with packaging and shipping, and will gain knowledge needed to provide clientele with alternative solutions that improves productivity, enhances the client’s brand, advocates for sustainability where desired, and promotes employees health & safety, all while helping the client reach their company goals and objectives. Upon completion of the program, the Trainee will become a Packaging Consultant and will prospect in a territory assigned to her/him. She/he will be tasked with establishing relationships and closing new business with prospects in order to grow a book of continuing business clients for themselves. The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, will identify themselves as exceptional at conceptualization, and be strongly financially motivated to succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities – Packaging Consultant Trainee:
- Accountable for taking a participative role in their training. Off hours studying and researching supplemental training aids and information online during the course of the training should be expected in order to attain all competencies required to become a Packaging Consultant.
- Throughout course of training, build list of potential clients/prospects in Trainee’s assigned territory. Log the prospect information into a company tracking file for prospecting use once training program is completed and Trainee gets promoted to a Packaging Consultant.
- When assigned as part of the training, observe and note activities and tasks engaged by experienced, veteran staff.
- Accurately perform hands-on pick-pack-price, stretch film cut & weighs, dimensional weight calculations, box sealing tape calculations, and other analytical packaging related tasks, on demand when requested to do so throughout training.
Duties and Responsibilities – Packaging Consultant:
- Develop new business prospects through cold calling, networking, internet searches, and other methods.
- Track/log all prospect communications in company call log book.
- Gather and document client/prospect data on their current consumable spend within the packaging, shipping, safety, and facility maintenance processes.
- Complete at least one Elevate, business intelligence tool, project with a client/prospect every forty-five calendar days throughout the year.
- Present United Packaging’s Advantage Program to at least one client/prospect every month. Packaging Consultant is expected to enroll a minimum of two clients per year on the program.
- Schedule a minimum of two, in-person prospect appointments per week with decision makers through cold calling efforts.
- Establish and maintain daily, weekly, monthly personal follow-up campaign for clients and prospects.
- Achieve monthly and annual company target measures for individual performance in matrices assigned as part of compensation program.